Not to take away anyone’s Thunder & Lightning from Oracle Open World this year, I was not in attendance, but it seems from all of the emails, posts, tweets and other social media outlets that, well, there is a push for all things Cloud?!?!
But in other news, for those of you that still need to use Smart View, here are a few tips, options, settings etc. for you to keep in mind to help in your data retrieval journey while you are not cloud surfing.
First, when you install Smart View, this link can be a great tool to read over for both Admins and Users alike: Oracle Smart View for Office Release 188.8.131.52.600 Installation and Configuration Guide
There are a few great sections:
- Installing Smart View
- Administering Extension Installations and Updates
- Accessing Shared Connections from an XML File
- Installing and Configuring Help Locally or on a Web Server
- Tips and Troubleshooting
Let us focus on the Tips and Troubleshooting section!
- Diagnostics Tools
- Installation and Languages
- Windows, Office, and Smart View Locale Settings
- Error When First Launching Excel After Installing Smart View
- Internet Explorer Compatibility View Settings for Financial Reporting
- Working with Custom HTML-based Login Forms
- Browser Settings When Working with XML Files on HTTP Server
- Flickering Issues on Office 2013 32-bit and 64-bit
- Issues When Starting Excel in Automation Mode
- Slowness with Extension Options Dialog Box
- Performance and Memory Usage Considerations for Smart View with Excel
- Smart View HTTP Session Timeout
- Duplicate Queries in Word Slow to Refresh
- Issues with Dynamic Data Exchange Option in Excel
- Transition Navigation Keys Not Supported
I hope that the links, tips and options help all users easliy hurdle some of the more common questions that I get from users and also see on many blogs and forums.
In preparation for soon to be submitted KScope 17 abstracts, the deadline is quickly approaching, Oct-14th!, I hope that you are able to Wrangle some more data via Smart View .. or in my case, maybe not Smart View, stay tuned!