Oracle Smart View 126.96.36.199.610 GA build is now available!
The download and install from My Oracle Support: download
Or search for patch# 24711736
New Features in this version
- New VBA Functions
- Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service Features
- Locating New Features Information for Past Releases
New VBA Functions
Several new VBA functions are introduced in this release. At this time, these functions are supported by Essbase only.
- HypCreateRangeGrid enables users to refresh multiple selected or named ranges of cells in a multiple-grid worksheet. You can also use it to add a grid in the selected range if there is not already a grid in the particular location, thus creating a multiple-grid sheet. If the ranges specified for this function contain more rows or columns than the actual grid has, the additional rows and columns are treated as comments and are thus part of the grid.
- HypSubmitSelectedRangeWithoutRefresh updates the database with data, as is, from the selected data range; it ignores cells outside the selected range and does not overwrite (or refresh) them. The selected range does not automatically get refreshed after submit; the user must manually refresh the grid to retrieve the updated data. For a successful submit, the user must select a range which constitutes a valid grid.
This function requires Oracle Hyperion Provider Services release 188.8.131.52.13.
- HypSubmitSelectedDataCells allows the selected data cells to be submitted. For free-form grids, this VBA function allows selected blank cells to be submitted as #Missing.
In forms, Planning administrators and form designers can set up easy-to-use drop-down member selectors on row dimensions. When these drop-down selectors are enabled, the form users can directly select a member from the drop-down list on the row dimension in the form. The drop-down member selector also allows users to add data to member rows that may have otherwise been suppressed.
For the Smart View user, keep in mind the following:
- There is no visual notification as to which members have drop-downs enabled; you must click a dimension cell and, if a down arrow appears next to the cell, then there is a drop-down list enabled.
- The drop-down content (list of members) is controlled by the form definition for the corresponding segment.
- Selections are not retained. The drop-down selection will be lost on refresh. If you perform a Refresh after selecting a member from the drop-down, the selection is lost and the form returns to its original state.
- The drop-down selection will be lost on saving data. Modifying data cells and saving the Excel worksheet will not retain modified drop-down selections.
This release changes the way you access the User Preferences dialog box from the Smart View Panel. Instead of accessing the dialog box from the plan level, you access User Preferences from the application level.
Additionally, you will no longer be prompted to select a plan type. Instead, the preferences you set will apply to all plan types.
- For Smart View Release 184.108.40.206.600, see the Oracle Smart View for Office New Features available in the Smart View 220.127.116.11.600 library available on the Oracle Help Center.
- For new features relating to Oracle Enterprise Performance Management System installation, architecture, and deployment changes in this release, see “New Features in this Release” in the Oracle Enterprise Performance Management System Readme.
- Use the Cumulative Feature Overview tool to review the list of new features added between earlier releases for Smart View and other EPM System products. This tool enables you to identify your current products, your current release version, and your target implementation release version. With a single click, the tool quickly produces a customized set of high-level descriptions of the product features developed between your current and target releases. This tool is available here: